|CLASS & COMPANY POLICIES CANCELLATION POLICIES: |
Low Enrollment Cancellation This policy sub-section applies to all courses that require an in-person component. Lifeguard Classes LLC makes every effort to promote scheduled in-person classes. That said, we reserve the right to cancel a class due to low enrollment. A minimum number of 5 participants is necessary for any class to be conducted. In the case of a class cancellation, any student who has paid for a class will receive priority enrollment in the next available class and Lifeguard Classes LLC will every effort to ensure the new class is within a 25 mile radius of the customer. Low Enrollment Cancellation does NOT entitle customer to a refund.
Customer is entitled to utilize the Remote Lifeguard Certification which does not have any minimum number of participants. The customer would be responsible for any and all additional charges associated with this program option.
Student Cancellation If a student cancels within 24 hours of their registration (this means within 24 hours of registering. It does NOT MEAN WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE COURSE TAKING PLACE), they are entitled to a refund minus a $85 administrative fee plus the Handling Fee which is NON-REFUNDABLE and After the 24 hour cancellation period, REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE. This policy only applies to cancellations prior to the scheduled class meeting. If the student does not show up or does not call prior to the class, the Student No-Show policy applies. Notification of cancellation must be made via email or telephone call/voicemail.
If a class is cancelled due to severe weather, instructor illness/injury, family emergencies or any unexpected emergency, registered students will receive priority enrollment in the next available class. The student may also choose to utilize the Remote Lifeguard Certification which does not have any minimum number of participants. The customer would be responsible for any and all additional charges associated with this program option.
REGISTRATION AND ATTENDANCE POLICIES:
Students who do not attend a scheduled class session are NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND.
Student Retake Policy
If a student fails a class (skills check, written test or online portion), no certificate will be provided. NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED. The student has the option of taking the class again at 50% of the cost.
All students/participants must purchase hard copy manuals or utilize electronic manuals.
Students registered for full, in-person classes must arrive on time and be present for the entire class to receive a certification. Students arriving more than 15 (fifteen) minutes late may be denied entry. All classes and skills check sessions only have a 5-minute grace period. After 5-minutes, students will be denied entry and will have to reschedule their class and/or skills check session and MUST purchase said session again.
Refresher/Recertification/Review Course Policy
If you are a new student or have a certification card that HAS expired more than 30 days ago, you must take the full certification class. If you have a current, NON-EXPIRED or expired within 30 days, certification card, you are eligible to take the recertification course. You must present your current certification card to your instructor at your first in-person session.
ADA COMPLIANCE POLICIES:
Effective January 26, 1992, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) bars discrimination against persons with disabilities in places of public accommodation. Title III of the law bars private entities (schools, banks, restaurants, social service agencies, offices, retail sales establishments, etc.) from discriminating against individuals with disabilities in the provision of their goods and services. Individuals with qualifying physical or mental disabilities will not be denied participation in the goods, services, facilities, advantages or accommodations offered to the public. As a place of public accommodation, we will not discriminate against any patrons, clients, invitees or guests on the basis, of real or perceived qualifying disabilities. Specifically:
- We will allow access to anyone seeking admission to a course (provided prerequisites are satisfied) regardless of real or perceived inability to participate in or pass the course.
- We will allow participants in every course to participate within the limits of their ability and learn as much as they can. For some people, certification may not be important. For those individuals, focus on helping them to learn as much as possible.
- If there is a request for accommodation, we will discuss possible solutions with the individual or his or her guardian, and if the individual prefers and provides permission, a medical provider. Accommodations may need to be arranged in advance and will be done so in compliance with all federal, state and local laws. We may not provide the accommodation preferred by the individual as, long as the accommodation offered is reasonable (i.e., building a permanent ramp into a pool versus using a swing-arm harness). We will seek to first cover the costs for reasonable accommodation without a surcharge, but may offer the option for students to pay a portion or all, of unreasonable accommodations if they should choose.
- We will certify each participant who can meet course skill and knowledge testing objectives.
- We will use available resources to assist people with special needs.